Working with different groups of society to improve their social-economic conditions through vocational trainings, employment programs and social projects.
Ongoing projects Completed projects
Rural Development for Sustainable Growth of Tetritskaro Municipality
Donor: European Union, under the European Neighbourhood Programme for Agriculture and Rural Development in Georgia – ENPARD II
Start/End date: November, 2016 – 1 March, 2021
Location: Tetritskaro Municipality
This long-term project, “Rural Development for Sustainable Growth of Tetritskaro Municipality,” will improve the quality of life in Tetritskaro using innovative social-economic models. This project uses a LEADER approach to rural development. Fundamentally, it is the energy and resources of the local people that contribute to the rural development process by forming partnerships at a sub-regional level between the public, private and civil sectors.
Donor: UNDP under the European Neighborhood Programme for Agriculture and Rural Development in Georgia – ENPARD III
Start/End date: 1 July, 2020 – 31 January, 2021
Location: Tetritskaro Municipality
The Smartville project aims to improve local business environment including access to financial literacy learning engines and finding source, tourism related value chains through their inclusion in information management systems and regional networks across Georgia with further expansion to Eastern Partnership and EU countries.
The specific objective of the project is to promote sustainable rural development in the Tetritskaro municipality through a diversified rural economy, improved access to market and introduction of ICT technologies and balanced, participative, and inclusive development strategy. Mentioned approach fits under the European Union funded project “Rural Development for Sustainable Growth of Tetritskaro Municipality” carried out through the second phase of the European Neighborhood Programme for Agriculture and Rural Development (ENPARD II) by the RDFG and will be complimentary to the ongoing implementation of the Local Development Strategy (LDS) of the Tetritskaro Municipality 2018 – 2022 based on the core principles of the European Union’s LEADER methodology.
Project partners: financial institutions, LAG LEADER networking, Georgian Association of Local Action Groups (GALAG), Lithuanian Local Action Group Network
- Youth Component;
- Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Component;
- Professional Orientation and Career Guidance Project.
Start/End date: Winter 2018 – Spring 2020
Location: Shida Kartli, Kvemo Kartli, Samtskhe-Javakheti, Mtskheta-Mtianeti Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti and Kakheti.
USAID Zrda Activity is a five-year program designed to promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth in target regions by improving MSME growth, increasing productivity of rural households, facilitating market linkages between producers and buyers and promote local economic development by establishing and strengthening networks. As a result, Zrda will create jobs and increase sales for MSMEs and incomes for households, bolstering the resilience and livelihoods of the target communities. Zrda targets communities in proximity to the administrative boundary lines and communities with ethnic minority populations:
- USAID Zrda Youth Component – The Regional Youth Entrepreneurship Program implemented by RDFG aims to strengthen rural youth through entrepreneurship.
All in all, 5 hundred young people (age of 18-29) living in the 9 target municipalities will be engaged in the project. The training sessions will be implemented on the basis of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization’s (UNIDO) entrepreneurial-training manual. After the first stage, the project participants will be required to present their business ideas related to Agriculture, Tourism, Innovations/Technologies and Creative Industry.
Within the second stage, the authors of 15 entrepreneurial ideas or the group of authors will be invited to the boot camp where during 6-7 days they will have an opportunity to attend the intensive training sessions and work on turning their own ideas into the business projects. At the end of the boot camp, the jury will reveal 3 winner business projects that will be awarded with grants:
- 10 000 GEL
- 8 000 GEL
- 6 000 GEL
The key outputs of the project:
- At least 5 hundred rural youth will undergo entrepreneurship trainings;
- At least 5 new enterprise will be created, 25 people will be employed.
Revaz Javelidze – Networking/ Youth Engagement Team Leader, RDFG
- One of the main aims of the USAID Zrda is to promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth in target regions. As it is impossible to support the sustainable economic development without creating safe environment, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Component consists of disaster risk reduction activities on the local level, elaborating municipal emergency management plans according to modern standards and implementing relevant methods at the level of instructions. Within the project, DRR activities are being implemented by the Association Rural Development for Future Georgia (RDFG) and RDFG DRR Center.
Shota Kublashvili – RDFG Emergency Management and Disaster Risk Reduction Expert
- In the framework of the USAID Zrda Activity in Georgia and EU-funded ENPARD Programme, Association Rural Development for Future Georgia ‘s (RDFG) Professional Orientation and Career Guidance Project aims at raising awareness about vocational education and career growth among school students (14-18 years old, at least 350 young people). The specific object of the project is to help young people to make decisions about their educational and professional choice, assist them in managing their careers. The Project is supported by the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia.
Contact personRevaz Javelidze – Networking/ Youth Engagement Team Leader, RDFG
Nelly Revazishvili – RDFG Rural Development Project Manager