Job Reference Number: RDFG-HQ-GAMC
Location: RDFG Headquarter (HQ) in Tbilisi, plus traveling to project target areas as needed
Employment status: Full Time
Association Regional/Rural Development for Future Georgia (RDFG) is a development and relief nonprofit organization established in 2010 with the purpose to assist vulnerable communities in social and economic development and strengthen their self-resilience, provide technical assistance to local governments in development and adaptation of advanced management systems and methodologies. RDFG works on cross-cutting issues such as human rights, environmental protection, gender equality, peace building and disaster risk reduction. The organization works with different vulnerable societal groups to ensure equal access to different services and opportunities and promote inclusion and responsiveness to the needs of vulnerable groups in the country.
RDFG is a growing organization with increasing demand, requiring the development of the programs unit. The unit is responsible for grant acquisition, from liaising with donor organizations to identification of funding opportunities and the development of grant proposals, and is responsible for monitoring and evaluation of ongoing projects, ensuring compliance with internal and external requirements. Documenting evidence for future replication and scale up is also one of the core directions of this unit. To accomplish the required tasks, the unit will need to elaborate the appropriate tools and systems and adapt them to RDFG`s strategic and operational needs. In the beginning, the unit will consist of one 100% dedicated person, however based on the existing demand and resources, a unit growth plan will need to be put in place.
Purpose of the position
The Grants Acquisition and Monitoring Coordinator at RDFG leads program/project design, through coordinating and harmonizing RDFG`s various project activities to ensure a holistic impact on communities, and to measure the impact of RDFG programming and contribute to knowledge management processes. The GAM Coordinator will facilitate the development and implementation of DME processes, tools and systems with the following objectives:
- Provide guidance and leadership for RDFG Strategy elaboration, planning and implementation tracking
- Work with the Chairman, Project Managers, and Sector Leaders to design innovative new initiatives that complement existing activities
- Support the sustainability of the organization through ensuring resource acquisition, including both grants acquisition and implementing the new fundraising campaign;
- Enhance the quality of projects by aligning program models and approaches to RDFG frameworks and policies
- Support the Chairman in ensuring the application of coordinated approaches across different projects and initiatives implemented by RDFG
- Develop RDFG quality standards for design, monitoring and evaluation and monitor the alignment of RDFG projects with these standards
- Build the capacity of relevant RDFG teams in project development, design standards and protocols
- Enable a proper framework for collection of evidence and knowledge management within RDFG projects and its application in future designs.
Independence of operations and decision making
This position requires analytical, interpretative, and constructive thinking and a significant degree of evaluative judgment. The incumbent deals with various projects`-related issues with oversight of RDFG projects` development, funding acquisition and DM&E affairs, and facilitates the integration of RDFG standards in projects` design and development. A significant portion of the job includes thinking within established organizational policies, principles and specific objectives under direct supervision of the Chairman, and independently developing and suggesting creative new models of project design, fundraising, and long-term strategic thinking.
- Strategy Development/Revision
- Facilitate finalization and implementation of the RDFG organizational strategy/business plan;
- Gather information and provide input on donor strategies and priorities as per request;
- Contribute to the development of organizational policies and protocols.
- Develop concepts and proposals for grants and service contract bids with the support of RDFG staff, as well as with the external partners and stakeholders;
- Support project staff with assessment processes, including the collection of baseline data or pre-assessments for project development, or, where necessary, develop TORs for hiring external consultants;
- Ensure that RDFG concepts/proposals meet RDFG quality standards and donor requirements;
- Represent RDFG at external donor events, as assigned by the RDFG chairman;
- Communicate with international partners, donors, and peer organizations to build and maintain relationships and raise awareness of the work of RDFG in the international community;
- Assist the Operations Unit in locating appropriate partners for grants acquisition and assist with negotiations;
- Assist in developing materials for pre-positioning;
- Finalize and implement the new, large-scale fundraising strategy
- Other as may be assigned by the RDFG Chairman.
DM&E System Development and Monitoring
- Develop and apply RDFG`s DM&E standards and tools in the organizations` projects;
- Conduct regular monitoring of current projects and produce comprehensive, well-written monitoring reports for Chairman/Project Managers and donors (internal/external);
- Monitor projects with respect to plans, outcomes, strategies, budget and other regulatory policies required by funding agencies, private companies and government;
- Assist the project managers/coordinators in establishment of goals and objectives, setting of indicators, development of implementation plans, M&E plans, monitoring and reporting as well as evaluation of grant projects.
Reporting and Evaluation
- Provide quality revision to project reports developed by project managers before submission to the donor or external stakeholders
- Work with the Communications officer to develop annual reports of the RDFG operations.
Capacity Building and Knowledge Management
- Initiate DM&E capacity building for all relevant staff, with special emphasis on field staff;
- Provide required capacity building to operations staff and partners for effective grant compliance
- Ensure effective knowledge management processes.
Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs: Be aware and prepared to support RDFG deliver emergency response and relief as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree/background in Social Sciences or other related fields; Master’s degree preferred
- Fluent written and spoken English, knowledge of Russian is an advantage
- Thorough understanding of the historical, cultural, political and socioeconomic situation in Georgia
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a similar position (Working experience in Non-Profit/NGO sector is an advantage)
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience in program design and proposal writing
- Experience in working for an international organization is an advantage
- Computer literacy, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook; database, spreadsheet and graphics presentations
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal methods
- Research experience
- Ability to travel to field sites up to 30% of time.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively
- Reliable, strong organizational and time management skills
- Willingness and ability to learn and develop further
- Analytical aptitude and attention to details
- Good networking skills, outgoing, personable
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Capacity to manage and complete multiple complex tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Team player and aptitude to work as a member of a multicultural team.
We offer an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and benefits.
If you meet the requirements, please send a cover letter and a detailed CV in English (please quote the Position Reference Number “RDFG-HQ-GAMC” in the subject line and include names and contact details of 3 references in the CV) to: email@example.com
Deadline: 5 April 2020
In case of any of the above-mentioned information is missing, your application will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Note: NNLE RDFG reserves the right to keep your application and/or CV in the RDFG applicants’ database. The personal data you provide in your application and/or CV will be processed only for the purpose of recruitment process as well will be stored in the RDFG applicants’ database for any upcoming employment opportunity within RDFG. By submitting your application and/or CV for this position, you automatically confirm your consent to store the information in the RDFG applicant’s database.
If you disagree to keep your application and/or CV at RDFG applicants’ database to be considered for any further employment opportunities at RDFG, please make respective clear statement in your application and/or CV within current submission.