On December 9-13, 2019, within the Visegrad-funded project V4 Rural Development Experience for Sustainable Growth, Katalin Czippan, the representative of the Cz&K Consulting from Hungary provided a consultancy and ToT training for the Association Rural Development for Future Georgia’s (RDFG) staff members engaged in TVET and Young Farmers Centers’ component implementation.
Within the event, Katalin Czippan conducted a 5 days training sessions for the Young Farmers’ Centers’ (YFC) trainers (RDFG staff) who will then be able to train the staff of local TVET institutions, who work on training and retraining of the local population. The curriculum was specifically focused on economic and environmental revival in rural areas – emphasizing lessons learned from V4 countries.
The sessions have been focused for YFCs mentor teachers on:
- Systemic approach of sustainability: how environmental, social and economic aspects of sustainable development interrelates each other and how to show, demonstrate it
- Basic principles of change management – how to motivate, engage people to achieve the envisioned sustainable future with special focus on nature/environment-friendly agricultural/tourism practices
And for the TVET representatives on the following aspects:
- Co-create examples on how different professions can take care about the environment
- Learn about the “whole school approach” – interrelation of the curricula (aim and content of learning), the education management in the schools and the quality of surrounding infrastructure
- Practice some examples, methods that can be used in their teaching practice.
YFCs are supported by the RDFG Farmer Field School expert staff and serve to equip students with knowledge on modern agricultural methodologies and give them an opportunity to apply these skills at demonstration plots established on their schools’ land. This aims to enable youth to recognize rural agriculture as a viable livelihood option and contribute to reduction of labour migration of youth to the cities, where they should take on any available jobs, often to the detriment of their health and safety.
Cz&K Consulting Ltd., based in Hungary, have rich and valuable experience in rural development, and applying tourism as a mechanism for sustainable economic growth. Their expertise is in designing and delivering trainings and ToTs and developing educational materials for conservation, environmental and sustainability issues, with an emphasis on sustainable economic farming and tourism practices.
The goal of the project V4 Rural Development Experience for Sustainable Growth is to lift the conditions of the people of Tetritskaro using examples of V4 countries’ experiences of utilizing nature conservation to increase economic benefits from sustainable agriculture and tourism. This project is tied to and complements the existing project – Rural Development for Sustainable Growth in the Tetritskaro Municipality, funded by the European Union within the ENPARD Programme.