Economic Development through Agricultural Assistance for IDP Farmers in Kvemo Kartli and Kakheti (EDKK)
To assist EDKK Project Team to implement all project related activities in compliance with project and overall RDFG standards and objectives and to build collaborative, professional links with community stakeholders to facilitate EDKK community driven activities and ensure community integration and empowerment.
Independence of operations and decision making:
Limited level of decision making related to community mobilizer’s services, with strict alignment to established guidelines and supervisor directions, in according with EDKK project and overall RDFG goals and objectives.
- Support implementation of day to day activities in the FRIC;
- Provide support to the project beneficiaries visiting the centre and in the field;
- Disseminate newsletters and all project related information in the targeted villages; facilitate project activities conducted at FRIC.
- Facilitate building of collaborative, professional links with community stakeholders through project community driven activities for income generation purposes;
- Communicate with the community regularly, organize trainings; facilitate income generation activities in line with project objectives;
- Build the capacity of communities and support them in identifying their priority problems;
- Identify compelling community needs and report to the Project Manager for further strategic planning purposes;
- Encourage participation in collaborative planning for improving the life of target groups;
- Participate in surveys, data collection/provision activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or agriculture fields are preferred;
- At least 3 years’ experience in working in a similar position and level preferably with economic development projects;
- Broad understanding of economic development projects, community work and needs of IDPs/small-scale farmers;
- Readiness and ability to travel locally;
- Excellent Georgian, English and Russian language (verbal and written) skills with some translating experience;
- Experience and ability to produce reports and other documentation in Georgian and English;
- Detail-oriented, quick learner, analytical personality;
- Advanced level working experience with MS Office applications;
- Ability to build strong relationships with local partners and government authorities;
- Cross cultural sensitivity and ability to work in multiethnic environment;
- Clean driving license is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively;
- Reliability, strong organizational and time management skills;
- Willingness and ability to learn and develop further;
- Analytical aptitude and attention to details;
- Good networker and ability to meet deadlines
- Capacity to complete multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Team player and aptitude to work as a member of a multicultural team.
If you meet the requirements, please send a cover letter and a detailed CV in English (please ensure that you quote the Position Reference Number ” RDFG-HQ-CM” in the subject line and that CV includes names and contact details of 3 referees) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of lack of any of the above-mentioned information, your application will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Closing date and time: February 15, 2016 at 12:00