Association Rural (Regional) Development for Future Georgia (RDFG) is announcing an opening for the position of Communication Officer.
Job Reference Number: RDFG-HQ-CO
Reports to: Chairman of Association
Duty Station: Based in Tbilisi with travel to targeted regions
Employment status: Part time with possible change to full time position
Association Rural Development for Future Georgia (RDFG) is a development and relief nonprofit organization established in 2010 with the purpose to assist vulnerable communities in social and economic development and strengthen their self-resilience, provide technical assistance to local governments in development and adaptation of advanced management systems and methodologies. RDFG works on cross-cutting issues such as human rights, environmental protection, gender equality, peace building and disaster risk reduction. The organization works with different vulnerable societal groups to ensure equal access to different services and opportunities and promote inclusion and responsiveness to the needs of underprivileged groups in the country.
The purpose of position is to develop and implement a communications strategy designed to meet the marketing and communications needs of RDFG. The Communications Officer (CO) is to achieve this within the framework of RDFG’s Mission Statement & RDFG’s Program Strategy, in the context of appropriate humanitarian aid/holistic development approaches within RDFG’s interventions.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop a national communications strategy that seeks to position RDFG as one of the leading organization working on the sectors outlined in RDFG Program (with special focus on DRR and livelihood development topics).
- Manage the RDFG websites, which will act as a platform for potential donors and media offices to retrieve fundraising and advocacy information. Make bi-weekly updates, or as required.
- Design and produce materials that effectively communicate RDFG’s mission, vision, values and program activities to local audiences, including the general public, beneficiaries, government, the NGO community and the corporate sector. This communication should help bring about greater understanding and invoke interest in the work of RDFG and financial commitment to the program.
- Prepare RDFG promotional communications resource packages, such as PowerPoint presentations for Chairman of Association and when required for in country visits and other initiatives.
- Work with senior management to ensure that RDFG’s corporate identity is implemented consistently at national, regional and RDFG projects area levels.
- Produce a steady flow of written and photographic resources on RDFG projects and activities for use in the communications and marketing activities of RDFG’s headquarter and branch offices around the country.
- Develop and maintain professional contacts with key local print, radio and TV media and assist them by offering story opportunities, arranging project visits and interviews.
- Cooperate with other international and local NGOs in Georgia to ensure effective communication in support of the program.
The Communications officer is to assist Chairman of Association (CEO) in other tasks and assignments as needed.
- University degree/diploma in journalism or related field or be on the final year of his/her university;
- An experience as a journalist or public relations officer;
- Excellent verbal, written and photographic skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate in a cross-cultural environment;
- Knowledge and experience of desktop publishing, the Internet and database software applications;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Availability to work odd hours, when the need arises and to travel to field locations;
- Fluency in English and Georgian (Russian and an advantage), both verbal and written;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively;
- Reliability, strong organizational and time management skills;
- Willingness and ability to learn and develop further;
- Analytical aptitude and attention to details;
- Good networker and ability to meet deadlines
- Capacity to complete multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Team player and aptitude to work as a member of a multicultural team.
If you meet the requirements, please send a cover letter and a detailed CV in English (please ensure that you quote the Position Reference Number ” RDFG-HQ-CO” in the subject line and that CV includes names and contact details of 3 referees) to: email@example.com
In case of lack of any of the above-mentioned information, your application will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Closing date and time: January 12, 2016 at 12:00