On December 14, 2019, within the closing ceremony of the II phase of the Regional Youth Entrepreneurship Program held in Georgia’s Innovation and Technology Agency (GITA), the Grant Selection Committee evaluated presented entrepreneurial business ideas and announced 5 winner projects. Regional Youth Entrepreneurship Program is being implemented by the Association Rural Development for Future Georgia (RDFG) under the scope of the USAID Zrda Activity in Georgia aiming at strengthening rural youth through entrepreneurship.
The winners of the II phase of the program:
- Tamaz Mtsuravishvili from Kaspi – Iron Man (iron engraved crafts) – GEL 10 000
- Dimitri Chichua from Kaspi – Ready to Light (electrical service) – GEL 5 000
- Mari Tatunashvili from Bolnisi – Nail Salon – GEL 3 700
- Irakli Mogelashvili from Gori – Production of Apple Vinegar – GEL 6 400
- Mikheil Chkholaria from Zugdidi – Ra Vachuko (online platform) – GEL 9 835
1Regional Youth Entrepreneurship Program is being implemented in 9 Zrda target municipalities: Zugdidi, Borjomi, Aspindza, Adigeni, Ninotsminda, Marneuli, Bolnisi, Kaspi, and Gori. The program participants are required to present their business ideas related to agriculture, tourism, innovations/technologies or creative industries. The third phase of the project will start in the spring of 2020.
The project is supported by Enterprise Georgia, Creative Georgia, Georgia’s Innovation and Technology Agency, National Tourism Administration, Agricultural and Rural Development Agency, Crystal, National Bank of Georgia and TBC Bank.
Nina Kopaleishvili – Communications Officer, RDFG
Revaz Javelidze – Youth Engagement Team Leader, RDFG